Take a deeper dive into Bender's industry solutions with our new landing page devoted to white papers. Simply complete the form on the right-hand side of the page to download and have our white papers sent directly to your inbox.
Today, energy storage systems (ESS) are an essential component of the integration of renewable energies and optimization of grid service systems.
- Potential in ESS system design
- Fault and monitoring scenarios in a grounded system
- Insulation monitoring in the grounded system
This paper provides an overview of the benefits of using a low voltage insulation monitoring system on loads grounded with the three most common grounding methods.
- Introduction to the concept of continuous offline monitoring
- The advantage of using a low voltage monitoring signal
- Pulp and paper applications
This paper describes the IEC type A (AC only) ground-fault detection circuit and its imitations in accurately detecting electrical ground-fault currents in today’s modern electrical installations.
- Limitations of UL1053 standard for ground-fault sensing and relaying equipment
- The effects of waveform modifying power sources
- RCD application on drives fed from resistance grounded distribution
Neutral-grounding resistors (NGR) for industrial power systems are often selected without consideration of the nature of the loads on the system.
- Introduction to the harmonic issue
- Limitations of current transformers
- Limitation of ground-fault protection
Operating Rooms (ORs) account for approximately 67% of a hospital’s total revenue and 40% of hospital expenses (including wages).
- Risk evaluation of the basic isolated power system
- The financial impact of a ground fault in an OR or ICU
- Fault detection with remote communication
The governing bodies of healthcare facilities are often faced with making decisions regarding which type of power system should be built into their operating rooms. This study was conducted to explore the cost difference between isolated power and grounded power for operating rooms.
- Cost differences of systems as calculated by an electrical contractor and reviewed by an engineer
- Recommendations based on findings of the study for preferred system power method
This paper describes the Isolation Monitoring Interrupter (IMI) and its application in aviation.
- Standards and regulations in aviation
- How the IMI ensures electrical safety
- The technology involved